- Chainalysis’ Series E Financing was Led by Coatue with Participation from New and Previous Investors.
- The blockchain data platform is now valued at $4.2 Billion.
- Chainalysis will use the fund raised in Series E Round to execute its vision as the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency.
United States, June 25, 2021 /AlexaBlockchain/ – Chainalysis, the blockchain data platform, has raised $100 million in Series E funding led by Coatue, bringing its valuation to $4.2 billion.
Chainalysis’s Series E financing follows its $100 million Series D round in March 2021, bringing the total amount raised to $365 million.
Chainalysis Series E Investors
Previous investors Benchmark, Accel, Addition, Dragoneer, Durable Capital Partners, and 9Yards Capital increased their investment in the company, and Altimeter, Blackstone, GIC, Pictet, Sequoia Heritage, and SVB Capital also participated.
Allocation of Fund
Chainalysis will use the fund raised in Series E Round to execute its vision as the blockchain data platform for cryptocurrency, including:
- Data: Deepen its data advantage by covering more cryptocurrencies, focusing on emerging use cases like DeFi, and launching a Global Intelligence function to more quickly identify warning signs for potential threats and reduce time to response
- Software: Develop collaboration tools in its suite of software solutions so that public and private sector teams can work together from the same data set with a consistent, shared understanding
- Access: Provide direct access to Chainalysis data through APIs so that government agencies, financial institutions, and cryptocurrency exchanges can combine Chainalysis data with information from within their enterprises to make better decisions
What is Chainalysis?
Chainalysis is the blockchain data platform. It provides data, software, services, and research to government agencies, exchanges, financial institutions, and insurance and cybersecurity companies in over 60 countries. Chainalysis data enables investigation, compliance, and market intelligence software to solve fraud and criminal cases, and grow consumer access to cryptocurrency safely. Chainalysis intends to build trust in blockchains to promote more financial freedom with less risk.