- The Tezos Foundation collaborates with Google Cloud to speed up Web3 application development on the Tezos blockchain.
- Google Cloud will become a Tezos network validator.
- Tezos will assist Google Cloud’s corporate customers in deploying Tezos nodes to support Web3 innovation on the Tezos blockchain.
- The Tezos Foundation will provide new and existing Google Cloud customers with access to its corporate baking program, which will enable them to easily deploy nodes and indexers on the Tezos protocol for building Web3 applications.
- The collaboration will also provide select Tezos incubator startups with Google Cloud credits and mentorship via the Google for Startups Cloud Program, offering them more resources to innovate in Web3.
The Tezos Foundation has partnered with Google Cloud to accelerate Web3 application development on the Tezos blockchain. As part of the collaboration, Google Cloud has become a Tezos network validator or “baker”, while Tezos will help Google Cloud’s corporate customers deploy Tezos nodes to support Web3 innovation.
The Swiss non-profit foundation will offer Google Cloud customers easy deployment of nodes and indexers on the Tezos protocol through its corporate baking program.
The foundation has helped major brands, banks, and institutions enter the Web3 space thanks to its corporate baking program. Select Tezos incubator startups will also receive Google Cloud credits and mentorship via the Google for Startups Cloud Program.
The collaboration will enable companies and developers to easily host and deploy RPC nodes for Web3 applications by leveraging both the strength of the Tezos blockchain and the scale and resilience of Google Cloud infrastructure.
It will also create environmentally sustainable computing environments, in line with Tezos’ commitment to a sustainable blockchain future. Tezos is recognized as a pioneer of proof-of-stake, an energy-efficient alternative to more traditional proof-of-work blockchains.
Mason Edwards, chief commercial officer at the Tezos Foundation, said that technology that is reliable, scalable, and secure is essential for institutional adoption and mass-market opportunities.
Mason believes that the collaboration offers exciting synergies in working with Google Cloud and it will help accelerate development and innovation on the Tezos blockchain.
James Tromans, Engineering Director, Web3 at Google Cloud, said that Google Cloud is providing secure and reliable infrastructure for Web3 founders and developers to innovate and scale their applications.
He added that they look forward to bringing the dependability and scalability of Google Cloud to power Web3 applications on Tezos.
Tezos, the energy-efficient blockchain protocol that can upgrade itself, has been on a remarkable growth trajectory since its launch in 2018, with a community of developers and stakeholders continuing to expand around the world.
The platform’s success has been fueled by an array of strategic partnerships, collaborations, and notable endorsements. Some prominent collaborations include its work with Warner Music Group (WMG) to release exclusive music NFTs, the University of Cambridge to build a carbon credit marketplace, McLaren Racing to build its NFT fan experience platform, and its partnership with Ubisoft to build a blockchain-based gaming platform. Additionally, Tezos has worked with the Nomadic Labs team on various blockchain research projects and code development. With its strong foundation and impressive list of partnerships, Tezos is poised for continued growth and innovation in the blockchain space.