Dai and WBTC are added to BitPay’s current list of supported tokens including BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE and stablecoins USDC, GUSD, PAX and BUSD
United States, May 10, 2021 /AlexaBlockchain/ – BitPay has added Dai stablecoin and Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) as payment option for merchant processing and cross-border transactions. Businesses using BitPay service can now accept Dai and WBTC as a payment option without the need for any integration or enhancements.
- BitPay is the world’s largest blockchain payment processing company. Dai and WBTC are added to BitPay’s current list of supported tokens including BTC, BCH, ETH, DOGE and stablecoins USDC, GUSD, PAX and BUSD. BitPay previously announced wallet users can store and use Dai and WBTC in a BitPay wallet and to load the BitPay Card.
- Dai is the only decentralized stablecoin and WBTC is the first ERC20 token backed one to one with Bitcoin.
- “BitPay merchants use crypto to solve real-world payment challenges especially in transacting in countries with hyperinflation or unstable currencies,” said BitPay’s Chief Commercial Officer Sonny Singh.
- The CEO mentioned, “Adding Dai and WBTC to the mix of cryptos that BitPay supports offers these businesses fast, safe and secure alternatives to traditional payment methods.”
- Settlement in Dai and WBTC is expected to be available this month.
- Dai and WBTC are available to anyone, accessible anywhere in the world and the market capitalization of these coins is among the top 20 of all cryptocurrencies.