Animoca Brands has emerged as a leading force in the field of blockchain, NFTs, and games, having already made highly successful investments in Dapper Labs, Opensea, Bitski, Axie Infinity, and many others
Hong Kong, May 13, 2021 /AlexaBlockchain/ – Animoca Brands, a Hong Kong-based blockchain gaming company, raises $89M at $1 billion valuation, making it the newest blockchain unicorn in Asia.
- Investors in the round included Kingsway Capital, RIT Capital Partners (formerly Rothschild Investment Trust), HashKey Fintech Investment Fund, AppWorks Fund, LCV Fund, Huobi, Octava, Ellerston Capital, Perennial, Axia Infinity Ventures, SNZ, Liberty City Ventures, Metapurse, and other prominent investors.
- The funding is a strategic milestone that positions Animoca Brands for further aggressive growth as it continues to bring digital property rights to video gamers through the use of blockchain and non-fungible tokens (NFTs), enabling powerful benefits such as play-to-earn capabilities and digital asset interoperability.
- The company said that new capital will also be utilized to fund further acquisitions, develop new products, continue to make strategic investments, and secure additional licenses for popular intellectual properties to cement Animoca Brands’ leadership and that of its various subsidiaries in the NFT and gaming spaces.
- Following the success of its blockchain game titles including F1® Delta Time, The Sandbox, and MotoGP™ Ignition, as well as the launches of their associated tokens, including REVV and SAND, Animoca Brands has emerged as a leading force in the field of blockchain, NFTs, and games, having already made highly successful investments in Dapper Labs, Opensea, Bitski, Axie Infinity, and many others.
- With the recent launch of the GAMEE, TOWER, and LMT tokens, Animoca Brands is trailblazing the use of blockchain-based in-game rewards, creating innovative new ways to monetize video games – a market estimated to be worth US$179.7 billion in 2020 (source: IDC, 2020).
- “This strategic capital raise firmly establishes Animoca Brands as one of the leading and most valuable companies in the NFT space, not just in Asia but globally,” Yat Siu, co-founder and chairman of Animoca Brands, said in a statement.